In crisis situations, including those in which you are feeling suicidal or homicidal, please short-circuit the process of evaluating alternatives for counselling or therapy and go straight to a service designed for emergency support.
CBTtherapist.com recommends seeking immediate face-to-face support via your physician as the top priority if you are in crisis or are feeling suicidal or homicidal. If that is not immediately available to you within a few hours, or you feel unable or unwilling to contact your physician face-to-face, we recommend contacting an organisation such as The Samaritans or Befrienders Worldwide.
The Samaritans in particular offer a 24-hour service and can be contacted both through their website and in the following ways:
- Helpline 1: 08457 909090 (UK local rate) or +44 1603 611311
- Helpline 2: +44 (0) 8457 90 91 92 (UK minicom)
- Helpline 3: 1850 60 90 90 (ROI – local rate)
- Helpline 4: 1850 60 90 91 (ROI minicom)
- Email Helpline: email@example.com
This article was originally published by Site Editor on .on and last reviewed or updated by